Orzammar

Registered
Jul 5, 2010
Hello!

I've got a question. I've loaded up an Upload-Script. But when I try to open it as it says in the Panel, there is only shown:

scgiwrap: Caller must be the nobody user
What to do now?

sneader

Aug 21, 2003
La Crosse, WI
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Did you ever find a solution?

I am seeing this on one of my server at the moment. Getting the same error. And this is the only thread in the forums that mentions this exact same error.

Odd.

- Scott

cPanelTristan

Quality Assurance Analyst
Staff member
Oct 2, 2010
somewhere over the rainbow
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello Scott,

Was the script placed into the scgi-bin rather than into the cgi-bin? If so, move it to the cgi-bin and re-attempt running it.

Otherwise, has SuEXEC been disabled on the machine? You can tell if that's the case in WHM > Apache Configuration > PHP and SuExec Configuration area.

Thanks.

sneader

Aug 21, 2003
La Crosse, WI
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Was the script placed into the scgi-bin rather than into the cgi-bin? If so, move it to the cgi-bin and re-attempt running it.
Yes, it had been in the scgi-bin directory for several years. I asked the customer why he had done that, and he could not remember. I then asked him to move it to cgi-bin and try again and it worked.

Otherwise, has SuEXEC been disabled on the machine? You can tell if that's the case in WHM > Apache Configuration > PHP and SuExec Configuration area.
Looking in WHM > Apache Configuration > PHP and SuExec Configuration, it shows "Apache suEXEC" as "on".

At this point, nobody else is complaining (perhaps I do not even have any other customers using scgi wrapper... so I'm going to just shrug my shoulders at this point and move on. :)

Thanks for looking at this.

- Scott