scheduled backups and concurrent one-off backups?

asdfasdafas

Registered
Aug 24, 2012
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello,

I'm new to cPanel and I'm wondering if what I'm trying to accomplish is possible. For starters, I'm using a remote FTP server to backup all accounts on some interval. I'd like to also back up configuration files, but WHM will not allow me to do that via remote FTP. I would like to run that backup locally, and then use a cronjob to copy the files off. Is this possible? Should I be doing backups another way?

My goal is to have all account data backed up, as well as system configuration data. I have a remote FTP server that I can use for storage.

Does anyone have any advice?

asdfasdafas

Registered
Aug 24, 2012
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
There are multiple threads on this topic in this Data Protection section of the forums. If you search just in that section for the term remote backups you should find several suggestions worth looking into, like this one for an example:

Backing up backup directory/files to an external FTP server - cPanel Forums

HTH!
Ahh yes, I had read a few of these, but it seemed odd that cPanel didn't have the functionality to have multiple backups scheduled. I was hoping to take advantage of cPanels ability to manage the retention of files and whatnot, but I guess I'll have to build this into a script or something.

Thanks for the help.