Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

scheduled backups and concurrent one-off backups?

Discussion in 'Data Protection' started by asdfasdafas, Aug 24, 2012.

1. asdfasdafas

asdfasdafas Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

I'm new to cPanel and I'm wondering if what I'm trying to accomplish is possible. For starters, I'm using a remote FTP server to backup all accounts on some interval. I'd like to also back up configuration files, but WHM will not allow me to do that via remote FTP. I would like to run that backup locally, and then use a cronjob to copy the files off. Is this possible? Should I be doing backups another way?

My goal is to have all account data backed up, as well as system configuration data. I have a remote FTP server that I can use for storage.

Does anyone have any advice?

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. asdfasdafas

asdfasdafas Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Ahh yes, I had read a few of these, but it seemed odd that cPanel didn't have the functionality to have multiple backups scheduled. I was hoping to take advantage of cPanels ability to manage the retention of files and whatnot, but I guess I'll have to build this into a script or something.

Thanks for the help.