BlueSteam

Feb 21, 2013
cPanel Access Level
Reseller Owner
Hi All,

My host is not being very helpful at all and I am not sure what to do...

I don't have root access which means my hands are very tied! I have ssh access though and I have tested the scp transfer to my remote server and it works perfectly from the command line.
See below.

[email protected] [~]# scp -P 2221 /home/cpmove-usern.tar.gz [email protected]:/share/CE_CACHEDEV1_DATA/Backups/usern/
[email protected]'s password:
cpmove-usern.tar.gz 100% 710MB 5.0MB/s 02:21
[email protected] [~]#
However, trying to use the SCP backup facility from the cPanel interface fails with the following:

Unable to Create Backup
Critical SSH or support files appear to be missing: Failed to normalize shell: (XID rdwy6f) “stty” is missing! at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/API/Backup.pm line 158.
See attached error.

Please can someone give me guidance here because my host keeps telling me the problem is not on their side and that I must do things like whitelist their server on my firewall etc etc even though I can transfer the files without issue from the command line so the server is NOT blocked!

Attachments

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
Hi @BlueSteam

Due to the nature of the error, you're receiving I would advise you to request that your provider open a ticket with us as soon as possible so that we can take a closer look at the server.

Thanks!