The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scrambled Password Protected Directories

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by thundergirls, Jun 13, 2007.

1. thundergirls

thundergirls Registered

As I'm having trouble getting a straight answer from my webhost I thought I'd troll for information here.

Sometime in the last few days my password protected directory structure has changed. Before, when I clicked on the protection link from cPanel I was taken directly to the nice, neat, alphabetical listing of my password protected directories.

NOW it's a 2 step process, I'm first taken to a short listing of the ROOT directory, and then when I click on public_html, I arrive at my file listing, but in what appears to be random order.

The "help" desk tells me that's a cPanel build and there's nothing they can do about it.

My WHM appears to be version 11 (a recent change I believe), but on the cPanel structure it's still showing "X."

Also, the webmail interface has changed, there are now icons below the Horde/Squirrel login.

Otherwise the cPanel interface appears the same, but I find these changes to be odd. Coincidentally at this same time I've gotten an automated email that I need to update my add-on scripts.

Seems like too many changes to be a coincidence. The owner of my hosting service has been a great fellow, but a few months ago he began using a "help" desk and they've been all but useless in any questions. Just a generic service I'm sure.

In spite of my rambling there is purpose... any advice on getting my PPD back in alphabetical order? There are dozens, so it's important. Any other info on the current cPanel goings-on appreciated too.

2. eNetHosts

eNetHosts Well-Known Member

You can't really do a lot about that to be honest.

ctrl+f in your browser may become helpful by the sounds of it

3. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Look in your WHM for the themes section and the X Skin Migration Wizard. have you gone thru that already?