The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

scrip to regenerate cpanel.pem

Discussion in 'cPanel Developers' started by jvandellen, Jan 10, 2012.

1. jvandellen

jvandellen Member
    PartnerNOC

Hello,

Currently I am running into an issue and am hoping somebody can point me in the right direction.

First, let me give you the scenario we are dealing with. I am currently installing cpanel on a virtual instance with a generic hostname, I then dd that image to a img.gz. I then take that gzipped img and dd it onto an LVM slice, the instance is booted runs a script which updates the hostname, ips, etc. However, I have run into an issue where I need to regenerate the cpanel ssl, as cpanel.pem is configured with the generic hostname.

There used to be a script in /scripts called rebuildcpanelssl or something like that which could be used to regenerate the cpanel.pem. Currently I've only been able to get that accomplished by nuking the cpanel.pem file and running a upcp. Is there a way to accomplish regeneration of the ssl/cpanel.epm this without running a full upcp? As this adds additional time to my deployment process.

Thanks in advance.

2. KostonConsulting

KostonConsulting Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    The cPanel SSL cert has been migrated into their Service SSL Certs system. You can rebuild any missing Service SSL cert (including cpanel.pem) with:

Code:
    /usr/local/cpanel/bin/checkallsslcerts