The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

script compatible with cpanel?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by phantom, Dec 7, 2003.

1. phantom

phantom Well-Known Member

Hi,
    I'm trying to install an awesome ad management script called Oasis. It requires some php settings that I'm not familiar with. Can anyone explain to me what this means?

-----------------------------------
    PHP Configuration
    First, make a symbolic link at /usr/local/bin/php to your standalone PHP interpreter. The OASIS
    installation and maintenance scripts depend on this location for the php binary.
    Make sure that you have a php.ini file and that it contains the following directives:
    register_globals = On
    register_argc_argv = On
    track_errors = On
    The first two are mandatory. The second is optional; if you don't have it set, you won't get very helpful error
    -------------------------------------

I'm not sure what that is saying. This script is open source.
    I've found multiple php.ini files but not sure which one to check and have no idea what this means...

"First, make a symbolic link at /usr/local/bin/php to your standalone PHP interpreter. The OASIS
    installation and maintenance scripts depend on this location for the php binary."

Any ideas?

2. PWSowner

PWSowner Well-Known Member

Not sure about your server setup, but on mine, the file is in /usr/local/bin so a symlink wouldn't be needed. My php.ini file is at /usr/local/lib/php.ini. On mine, the first 2 are already set to on. The track_errors is set to off.

Hope that helps.