The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Script conflict with whm?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by lukas1234, May 23, 2009.

1. lukas1234

lukas1234 Member

I working now on script which is for traffic trading and have daemon running as server and client part is on php.For some reason,it seems script caused to crush server two times.First when is one fully activated on one small traffic site,second when it was just tracking traffic on all sites.Any idea what causing server crush?I am sure it is something with whm since first crush which i experienced was when i installed webmin and tried to change system clock with it and after click it server crushed in second.Absolutely nothing indicate what this causing it,all logs are fine,load before crush was fine,but when i look at ipmi status,it says server is turned off.I tried both time to restart computer over ipmi,but it didn't work.So logically if reboot not working,that means computer was turned off and only way to return it is to turn it on.Luckily i have ipmi hardware control so i can do that.Anyway what should i do?Is there some log which i missed and could explain this situation?Maybe i should open ticket and tell them to monitor server since i am sure this happening only on whm(other server without whm are not affected with this problem)

2. eth00

eth00 Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    By server crush do you mean the server crashing?

Have you checked /var/log/messages? That is the first step after a reboot/crash.

3. lukas1234

lukas1234 Member

I see something happening weird with ftp,but that was happening before.Is there a chance crash caused toomany threads?

#3 lukas1234, May 23, 2009
    Last edited: May 23, 2009
  4. lukas1234

lukas1234 Member

Issue has been resolved.

5. dave9000

dave9000 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Care to tell us what the issue was and what was done to resolve it ?