Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Script Help - installing blog

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jariax, Jun 30, 2004.

1. jariax

jariax Registered

Ok, I'm trying to install the new version of E2evolution because the version that auto-installs has some annoying bugs.

So, it's version 0.9.0.8

And I know absolutely nothing.

But I'm trying my best to follow the installation instructions.

I managed to create a new SQL Database

And now I'm trying to run this script on the database:

So, I've gone to the PHPMyAdmin section.
    Then I selected the database that I selected.
    And then I clicked on the SQl tab at the top.

Then I entered this script:

get_var( "SELECT set_value FROM $tablesettings WHERE set_name = 'db_version'" ); } else { $old_db_version = $DB->get_var( "SELECT db_version FROM $tablesettings" ); } if( $old_db_version == NULL ) die( T_('NOT FOUND! This is not a b2evolution database.') ); echo $old_db_version, ' : '; if( $old_db_version < 8000 ) die( T_('This version is too old!') ); if( $old_db_version > $new_db_version ) die( T_('This version is too recent! We cannot downgrade to it!') ); echo "OK.
    \n"; } ?>

And received this error message:

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'get_var( "SELECT set_value FROM $tablesettings WHERE set_name =

So I don't know if I have to create a table, or if I should even be in PHPAdmin, or if this is the wrong script altogether or what.

If anyone could help, that would be just super.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. tmellon

tmellon Well-Known Member

What's the URL for the script?

Anyways the sql would be:

Code:
    SELECT set_value FROM $tablesettings WHERE set_name = 'db_version'" ); } else { $old_db_version = $DB->get_var( "SELECT db_version FROM $tablesettings" );
    The code that you tried to import was what the script use to install.

You'll need to hunt out the sql coding within the script...

3. jariax

jariax Registered

Thanks,

I finally figured it out.

I had to open the install.php file with a browser.
    When I tried to open it through the FTP, it just opened up in notepad.

So, I had to rename the index.html files so that it wouldn't go to the default - and then I could access the proper script through my browser.

Phew. OK, got it installed after a lot of work. It's a pretty sweet Blog actually. I still have a lot of work to do on it though, before I can present it to the public.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...