SOLVED Script Settings Configuration Question

jehosting

Registered
Dec 30, 2016
united states
cPanel Access Level
Reseller Owner
I became clueless when being asked to edit these lines for an ebook selling script

// Define the webserver and path parameters
// * DIR_FS_* = Filesystem directories (local/physical)
// * DIR_WS_* = Webserver directories (virtual/URL)

how do y know where my filesystem directories and webserver directories are. this is where the index.php is located for my website since I'm only testing the script
http://www.mywebsite.com/2/index.php

maybe with this info it might help

thanks

SysSachin

Aug 23, 2015
India
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Twitter
You can check your directories path through cPanel file manger. Login your cPanel and check your index.php path through File manger.

jehosting

Registered
Dec 30, 2016
united states
cPanel Access Level
Reseller Owner
I guess what I'm trying to say is I don't understand what filesystem directories and webserver directories are. so I don't know how to define it to the script and type in where those directories are located.

rpvw

Jul 18, 2013
UK
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
* DIR_FS_* = Filesystem directories (local/physical)
This will be the absolute file path on the server eg /home/username/public_html/folder-you-installed-the-script-to/file

So the admin folder may be something like: _FS_ADMIN', '/home/username/public_html/catalog/admin/'

// * DIR_WS_* = Webserver directories (virtual/URL)
This is the path relative to your web root eg /folder-you-installed-the-script-to/file

So if you installed the application into the /calalog/ folder it would look something like : _WS_CATALOG', '/catalog/'

Please note: examples given are from an old OSCommerce script - newer versions, or other applications, may differ in their usage and syntax

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello @jehosting,

The previous post should help to answer your question. Let us know if you require any additional assistance.

Thank you.