The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

script to auto-update database remote access?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vchat20, Jan 25, 2005.

1. Vchat20

Vchat20 Registered

sorry if ths is in the wrong forum. but the current host im with has cpanel (which is awesome btw. i know my way around cpanel like the back of my hand). and the problem im having is that almost every day my ip seems to change to something totally off (from like 66.43.56.xx to 89.3.79.xx) the wall. and this is a pain in the butt for me because i have a database set up on my site for sam2 (internet webcasting program made by SpacialAudio) which has to have complete access during a broadcast. and its a pita to have to log into cpanel, go to the database section and add the new ip every time i need to run a broadcast.

is their possibly a script available or something that i can run in a private folder that automatically updates the host access with my new ip?

edit: or is there a way or possibly a reason why cpanel wont use dyndns addresses (something.homeip.net , etc..)? cuz ive got one which is set to update automatically in my dsl modem, but cpanel doesnt wanna use it when i enter it into the host access.

#1 Vchat20, Jan 25, 2005
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2005
  2. nothsa

nothsa Well-Known Member

Cpanel WILL use dyndns addresse, or any name address for that matter. I have many name addresses set up as access hosts.

Does it give you some type of error when using that address?

3. Vchat20

Vchat20 Registered

no error, just i kep getting an access denied error in sam2 which means it wont let me access the database. so ive ben stuck with just ip's