The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

scripts available to all Users

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by wilburburns, Oct 3, 2007.

1. wilburburns

wilburburns Member

I have a few basic php scripts which I need to make available to all Hosting clients. Where should I put these scripts.

Now for a bit more info, which might allow someone to give me a better idea how to handle what I want. :)

What I want to do is create a basic /skel index file for all new accounts created. This will be a .shtml file which includes basic info about where and how to Begin using their account. Using either php or SSI, I plan to %include% the Header/Footer , and some other content for this page. I don't really want these scripts and graphics to reside on the User's Web
    Space. I prefer to keep these scripts outside of their realm.

I also want to do a similar item for the custom Error Pages.

I am using the open_basedir restriction, therefore by default users cannot run scripts outside of their home, as well as phpsuexec, so they must Own the scripts they run.

Cliff

2. wilburburns

wilburburns Member

Bump....

Is there a problem with the question? I can give a better example of what I want if necessary.

Cliff

3. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Not sure I understand you, but you already have a cpanel3-skel in which to add any files you like. Inside cpanel3-skel/public_html/ of your own account.

When you create a new account those files are copied over to the new account for the customer. In that directory you'd add your files, and in the public_html of your own account, create a directory called for example, newaccounts/ in there, place your images.

So when you created a new account, it copied over those files in cpanel3-skel/public_html/ to the new users account, and the images are called from youdomain.com/newaccounts/images/