Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

/scripts/chpass and MySQL password

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Indianets, Dec 5, 2010.

1. Indianets

Indianets Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

What is the alternative to "Allow MySQL password change" of WHM in /scripts/chpass ?

- Vijay

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Indianets

Indianets Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Sorry for posting again, but I see it useful for people doing mass password changes.

When you do a --

Code:
    /scripts/chpass $u $p
    The user $u will be able to login to cPanel with the new password $p but he/she may not be able to get a phpMyAdmin logged in screen and asked for username and password again. To overcome this you need to run one more command for now --

Code:
    /scripts/chpass $u $p
    /scripts/mysqlpasswd $u $p
    I believe, cPanel will add a switch for incorporating mysql passwd change in chpass as an alternative to the WHM's same functionality. If not, I would like to suggest this as a feature.

Thanks,
    Vijay

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...