Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

/scripts/convertomaildir and what

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by bsasninja, Jun 12, 2007.

1. bsasninja

bsasninja Well-Known Member

Right now Im using Mbox in one of my servers It has 1200 accounts, dont know how much mail accounts.
    Anyways, when I select the backup the mbox format config... where is it stored??

After running /scripts/convertomaildir exim changes to maildir version or I have to run /scripts/eximup ??

Thanks

2. Big Gorilla

Big Gorilla Active Member

Your mbox backups should go to where ever you have your backups configured to go to, in a directory called "mbox_backup". I'm not sure where it will go if you don't have backups configured in WHM.

You can restore the mbox folders in the event you need to using the /scripts/convert2maildir script (it'll show up as an option after you have run a backup).

also, convert2maildir will take care of everything you need for exim, pop3 and imap to work correctly. You should not have to do any additional steps.