The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

/scripts/easyapache ?

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by mpope2, Jun 22, 2002.

1. mpope2

mpope2 Well-Known Member

I was just wondering if anyone has used the /scripts/easyapache upgrade script? I would like to use it, but don't want to do it if it's going to mess anything up. Has anyone had success with it?

2. indiboi

indiboi Well-Known Member

I ran it this evening...

It was a little &scary& as apache wouldn't restart when it should have.

I needed to edit out some of the modules, rewrite, and gzip in particular. mod_rewrite is now a DSO versus static as previously.

I've not fixed the gzip issue yet.

If you're familiar and comfortable with editing the httpd.conf to fix module issues, you shouldn't have too much problem doing the update that way.

If you're not too sure about rearranging apache modules and such, you might want to do some research first.

3. Maximiliam

Maximiliam Well-Known Member

We had the problem with CGI scripts going blank just after a few hours of operation.

Making us look really unprofesional.

4. purplepaws

purplepaws Well-Known Member

We have had some problems after upgrading our boxes. One was fine, another appears to have messed up permissions and ownerships with all cgi scripts....any ideas why and how it can be prevented/fixed?

5. Curious Too

Curious Too Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    [quote:94107944ed][i:94107944ed]Originally posted by purplepaws[/i:94107944ed]

We have had some problems after upgrading our boxes. One was fine, another appears to have messed up permissions and ownerships with all cgi scripts....any ideas why and how it can be prevented/fixed?[/quote:94107944ed]

If you run easyapache using the &beginnner& option it automatically enables suexec. If you didn't have suexec enabled before, this could be your problem.

6. Dotcoms

Dotcoms Active Member

Updated fine for me, no problems found as yet.....

7. purplepaws

purplepaws Well-Known Member

[quote:ce861db7a2]If you run easyapache using the &beginnner& option it automatically enables suexec. If you didn't have suexec enabled before, this could be your problem.[/quote:ce861db7a2]

Thats exactly whats happened :)

8. ceejayoz

ceejayoz Member

I had to open the script and run it line by line. It was giving me an error on line 3, when I typed the lines in manually they worked fine.

9. Stormtrooper

Stormtrooper Active Member

Other than the fact that it a) recompiled PHP for us and &upgraded& to version 4.2.1 which caused a nightmare and b) did not install the zend optimizer and c) did not warn us or give us an option not to do so, and d) seemed to have some effect on suexec that makes it work better (properly?) now, it went pretty well.

10. exahost

exahost Member

A question about the script.

I ran /scripts/easyapache in Advanced mode. Nowhere did I see an option to enable mod_rewrite. There is an option for a rewrite module in PHP? An I missing something? Is this the same as mod_rewrite? Does anyone know how to modify the install to allow for this?

Any help would be great.

Cheers,

Pete

11. myros

myros Active Member

To get rewrite running after the upgrade just add this line to httpd.conf

LoadModule rewrite_module libexec/mod_rewrite.so

Above the AddModule area, (some folks over at VO also had to do the same for the php4 module to get apache to start.) Thats assuming you already had mod_rewrite installed prior to upgrade?
    If I understand things correctly mod_rewrite is no longer part of the static build so has to be loaded in as above ... that sound about right experts? :)

Myros

12. exahost

exahost Member

/scripts/easyapache

Hi there. Thanks for your help.

I tried that and it doesn't work. Probably because I didn't have it installed before the upgrade.

I wonder of there is a way for me to recompile but maybe modify a Configuration file for /scripts/easyapache to tell it to include it.

Still pulling my hair out.

Thanks.

13. exahost

exahost Member

By the way. This is the contents at compile time of /home/cpapachebuild/buildapache/modules/apache

$APVER=&1.3.26&;
    $MODULE{'rewrite'} = join(&:&,&Rewrite Module&,&0&,&--enable-module=rewrite --enable-shared=rewrite&,&&,&1&,&0&);
    $MODULE{'expire'} = join(&:&,&Expires Module&,&0&,&--enable-module=expires --enable-shared=expires&,&&,&1&,&0&);
    $MODULE{'suexec'} = join(&:&,&suEXEC Module&,&0&,&--enable-suexec --suexec-logfile=/usr/local/apache/logs/suexec_log --suexec-caller
    =nobody --suexec-uidmin=100 --suexec-gidmin=100 --suexec-docroot=/ --suexec-userdir=public_html&,&&,&1&,&0&); $SETMODULE{'rewrite'}
    = 1;
    $SETMODULE{'suexec'} = 0;
    $SETMODULE{'expire'} = 1;
    $SETMODULE{'rewrite'} = 1;

1;

According to what I see, rewrite should be there. But, when I do a httpd -l it says nothing of mod_rewrite and I have tested with an .htaccess file with some rewrite rules: no go.

Pete

14. hst

hst Well-Known Member

Did two server

I ran it on two servers without any problems. RH7.2