/scripts/editquota server locks up

pphillips

Nov 14, 2003
I'm using CURL/PHP to change user quotas automatically and on one server it locks up, becomes unpingable and must be hard booted, every time.

I'm calling /scripts/editquota?user=USERNAME&quota=NEWQUOTA after authenticating with the remote access key via curl.

It will change the quota for a random number of sites, between 10 and 100, then the server locks up. I have other cpanel servers which have no problem with this script, which leads me to believe it must be a software issue on this server. The server runs fine and only crashes when changing quotas.

Any idea? This one has been bugging me for months.

Thanks!

cPanelNick

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 9, 2015
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
I'm using CURL/PHP to change user quotas automatically and on one server it locks up, becomes unpingable and must be hard booted, every time.

I'm calling /scripts/editquota?user=USERNAME&quota=NEWQUOTA after authenticating with the remote access key via curl.

It will change the quota for a random number of sites, between 10 and 100, then the server locks up. I have other cpanel servers which have no problem with this script, which leads me to believe it must be a software issue on this server. The server runs fine and only crashes when changing quotas.

Any idea? This one has been bugging me for months.

Thanks!

Try updating the kernel. There were known bugs in older linux kernels that caused the lockup

pphillips

Nov 14, 2003
Running 2.6.9-42.0.3.ELsmp on CentOS 4.4.

We have other servers running the same kernel with no problem.