The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

/scripts/fixquotas hangs server...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by brianteeter, May 16, 2003.

1. brianteeter

brianteeter Well-Known Member

I am having the strangest problems with one of our boxes. Basically it hangs at random intervals during the day. No terminal messages, no /var/log/messages entries, no anything that I've seen. It just stops.

Also, I can guarantee a freeze of the box by running /scripts/fixquotas. It runs for about 1-2 minutes, and then freezes.

The machine is:

1.7 ghz Celeron
    1.5 GB RAM
    60 GB WD 7200 RPM HD
    Latest Edge CPanel
    Red Hat 8.0

I've checked system temperatures to make sure the CPU isn't too hot, and its only at 37 deg C, so that's fine. Memory has been swapped out with known working memory, so that should be fine.

The only thing I can think of is that this machine had X Windows installed on it when it was built. Could this be a cause?

Advice is appreciated. I am SO sick of rebooting this machine, that I want to vomit.

Thanks - Brian

2. simplybe

simplybe Well-Known Member

sometimes it takes a while to complete after a problem has previously occurred, i ran it on one server for 40 min there where only 40 accounts on it, but after i let it finish all was well , i would say run it and then just leave it for 40 mins or so before deciding it`s not working.

3. rhood

rhood Well-Known Member

Have you checked dmesg for any errors or anything that might indicate where it is going wrong?