/scripts/fixrelayd must be run daily...

Drew Nichols

May 5, 2003
SC
Almost every day, I have to run /scripts/fixrelayd because the server will prohibit many clients from sending email. It's been a few days now, and it varies in time between having to run it, but I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas.

AndyReed

PartnerNOC
May 29, 2004
Minneapolis, MN
Drew Nichols said:
Almost every day, I have to run /scripts/fixrelayd because the server will prohibit many clients from sending email. It's been a few days now, and it varies in time between having to run it, but I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas.
Did you check the log files for any errors related to this problem?

chirpy

Verifed Vendor
Jun 15, 2002
Go on, have a guess
Make sure that you have both of the antirelayd boxes ticked in WHM > Service Manager and that the chkservd process is running on the server.

If you keep running fixrelayd you should also check that you're not getting a load of duplicate lines in /etc/syslog.conf and if you are, remove them and restart syslog.

Drew Nichols

May 5, 2003
SC
chirpy said:
Make sure that you have both of the antirelayd boxes ticked in WHM > Service Manager and that the chkservd process is running on the server.

If you keep running fixrelayd you should also check that you're not getting a load of duplicate lines in /etc/syslog.conf and if you are, remove them and restart syslog.
Whew -- the server was slowing down and I believe this may be why.