Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

/scripts/mailperm cause cpanel shutdown?

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by JustinK, Dec 29, 2002.

1. JustinK

JustinK Well-Known Member

Just curious if anyone else has run into this as I can't seem to track down what specifically in the script is causing it. We have one server that cpanel would shutdown on each day (clients got the login pop-up, but after logging in were presented with a blank screen) and found that it was /scripts/mailperm causing it to shutdown. I can't seem to find any errors for it (though if anyone could point me to a log file where cpanel errors would show up in I'd appretiate it because I'm having a hard time tracking that down as well) and servers that were running the same mailperm script aren't having the issue.

I'll probably end up sending a ticket in on this after a bit, but thought I would check to see if anyone else had this issue happening?

2. chakky

chakky Well-Known Member

Hi,

I have never seen that. I regularly use that script as well as /scripts/fixcommonproblems and it has always helped clear up simple problems server wide especially for my mail folders as well as any other unobserved file-permission related problems.

Right now I even tested it to see if it was due to some new updates of the scripts but there was still no problem.:)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. JustinK

JustinK Well-Known Member

It got us pretty well stuck as it's the only one out of a a good number of servers having the issue. :| Ahh well, guess I'll have to go the ticket route after trying a couple more things.