The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

/scripts/restorepkg mailman chowning

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by sparek-3, Nov 11, 2009.

1. sparek-3

sparek-3 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    This may already be fixed in 11.25. I checked through the changelog, I didn't see anything pertaining to this, but that's not to say that it isn't already fixed.

I've noticed that when you restore an account using /scripts/restorepkg (and I suspect the WHM restore utility). There is a process that does a:

chown -R mailman:mailman /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman

This can take a considerable amount of time if there are a lot of mailing lists on the server. And is really unnecessary if the restoring account does not have any Mailman mailing lists.

Could this be optimized better? Perhaps only chowning the lists that are restored from the restored account, if any exist?

If you have a lot of accounts to restore all at once, and if the server has several Mailman mailing lists, then you can spend a lot of time with the chown -R mailman:mailman /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman process, which really isn't necessary.

2. cPanelDon

cPanelDon cPanel Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    What is the full cPanel version number of the system?

Either of the following two commands may be used to obtain the full cPanel version number with build ID:
    Code:
    # cat /usr/local/cpanel/version && echo
    # /usr/local/cpanel/cpanel -V