HostUpon

Registered
Jul 30, 2008
Hi,

I simply ran /scripts/upcp and got the following:

[email protected] [~]# /scripts/upcp
/scripts/upcp syntax OK
Running Futex Check/Fix......Done
Undefined subroutine &Cpanel::Update::automatic_updates_enabled called at /scripts/upcp line 273.

This is a new vps setup with nothing really done yet.

Anyone have an idea on what this could be related to?

thanks
Al

HostUpon

Registered
Jul 30, 2008
thanks for the reply but same error:

[email protected] [~]# /scripts/upcp --force
/scripts/upcp syntax OK
Running Futex Check/Fix......Done
Undefined subroutine &Cpanel::Update::automatic_updates_enabled called at /scripts/upcp line 273.

sohmi

Sep 11, 2008
Hello,

Should I try this solution in a server with accounts? Is there any risk for a not new server?

Thank you,

JaredR.

Feb 25, 2010
Houston, TX
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
There is no risk in doing this on a live server. The reason for the issue is that the location of certain cPanel Perl modules was changed, and /scripts/upcp is written to look for them in the old location. The commands listed download a new updatenow.static, which updates other scripts such as upcp, so the Perl modules are loaded from the correct locations.

egillette

Jan 5, 2010
Orlando, FL
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Thanks Jared!

I just had a new client purchase a dedicated server and it had an older version of cPanel running (11.21), which I guess is because the datacenter just images it using a script, but I ran into the same error as everyone else above.

Fixing the perl modules to load from the correct location fixed the issue and I was able to get it to run upcp --force wihtout a hitch -- it's updating as we speak. =0)

Thanks!