Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

scripts/upcp from Oct 14th is broken

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MaraBlue, Oct 14, 2006.

1. MaraBlue

MaraBlue Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Sorry I can't be more descriptive that that ATM. In an effort to troubleshoot a MailScanner issue, I upgraded MailScanner. *That* went fine, as did upgrading ClamAV, retarting Exim, etc.

I thought, just to cover all the bases, I'd run scripts/upcp. *sigh*

I get an email saying my hostname had no A record (it had and with no issues, as of the nightly upcp run at 1am). Nothing had been changed. I went to look at the /etc/hosts and found the timestamp changed.

Now the server isn't responding, and I've waiting for it to reboot.

Bottom line: I believe *something* in the upcp from today (and there looked like a LOT of things got upgraded) isn't working as intended. I don't want to be a chicken little, but if someone from cPanel (or someone who knows more than I do about these sort of things) could take a look at today's update, it might be beneficial to all of us.

EDIT: It looks like it's broken something in Bind again. I'm working on it...

EDIT #2: Yep, upcp overwrote /etc/named.conf, and for whatever reason it erased all zones. I had a good working backup copy of named.conf, cp'ed it over, and things appear to be functional. And now to find how to edit out the caching-nameserver from being updated so this doesn't happen again...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 MaraBlue, Oct 14, 2006
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2006
  2. randomuser

randomuser Well-Known Member

what version of cPanel are you using?

3. MaraBlue

MaraBlue Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    WHM 10.8.0 cPanel 10.9.0-R34
    Release version

EDIT: Make that WHM 10.8.0 cPanel 10.9.0-R44, after the update.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #3 MaraBlue, Oct 14, 2006
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2006