/scripts/upcp problem - urgent please help

PHP Warner

Aug 6, 2006
Hello,

When I ran the /scripts/upcp I have received lots of errors like this:

Code:
cd: can't cd to /usr/ports/sysutils/portupgrade
[Updating the pkgdb <format:bdb_btree> in /var/db/pkg ... /var/db/pkg/pkgdb.db: unexpected file type or format -- Invalid argument; rebuild needed] [Rebuilding the pkgdb <format:bdb_btree> in /var/db/pkg ... cd: can't cd to /usr/ports/sysutils/portupgrade
[Updating the pkgdb <format:bdb_btree> in /var/db/pkg ... /var/db/pkg/pkgdb.db: unexpected file type or format -- Invalid argument; rebuild needed] [Rebuilding the pkgdb <format:bdb_btree> in /var/db/pkg ... /var/db/pkg/pkgdb.db: unexpected file type or format -- Invalid argument: Cannot update the pkgdb!]: Cannot update the pkgdb!]
Command failed [exit code 1]: /usr/local/sbin/pkgdb -aFQ

[Updating the pkgdb <format:bdb_btree> in /var/db/pkg ... /var/db/pkg/pkgdb.db: unexpected file type or format -- Invalid argument; rebuild needed] [Rebuilding the pkgdb <format:bdb_btree> in /var/db/pkg ... cd: can't cd to /usr/ports/sysutils/portupgrade
[Updating the pkgdb <format:bdb_btree> in /var/db/pkg ... /var/db/pkg/pkgdb.db: unexpected file type or format -- Invalid argument; rebuild needed] [Rebuilding the pkgdb <format:bdb_btree> in /var/db/pkg ... /var/db/pkg/pkgdb.db: unexpected file type or format -- Invalid argument: Cannot update the pkgdb!]: Cannot update the pkgdb!]

Requested space: 1551036 bytes, free space: 45634070528 bytes in /var/spool/cpbsdpkgs/instmp.Pr3JPz

Deinstalling old: libtool
Requested space: 1551036 bytes, free space: 45629999104 bytes in /var/spool/cpbsdpkgs/instmp.rrdcwj
My system is, Freebsd 5.4 and WHM 10.8.0 cPanel 10.9.0-R139

How can I fix this problem?

Thanks now.

easyhoster1

Sep 25, 2003
Run /scripts/portsup and see if that fixes it. If not, submit a ticket with cpanel as it looks like the port location was changed;

PHP Warner

Aug 6, 2006
Thank you easyhoster1, I've fixed this with the following steps.

1. mv /var/db/pkg/pkgdb.db /var/db/pkg/pkgdb.db.bak
2. pkgdb -F