The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scrolling issues in iPad iPhone

Discussion in 'User Experience' started by gh parker, Mar 2, 2016.

1. gh parker

gh parker Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hello to all:

We are using CPanel through my ISP to provide webmail to traveling employees who require web mail access. Currently experiencing an issue with an Iphone 6 accessing the webmail client (Squirrelmail or Roundcube) where the end user is not allowed to 'shrink' or screen the screen; this occurs in CPANEL version 11. Is there a configuration option I'm missing?

Thanks in advance.

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    I'm not sure if Webmail is 100% responsive. Connecting via Mail app from the phone is a better choice I think.

3. gh parker

gh parker Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    The issue is that the Webmail worked this way previously; it apparently doesn't work with the new version the ISP has installed.

4. 83dons

83dons Registered

Our host has recently updated Cpanel to version 54.0.18. Since then users with iPads or iPhones have been unable to zoom out to their email inbox in squirrel mail or scroll up and down. Anyone else had this issue and found a fix? I am guessing either comparability issue between Cpanel new version and apple or Apple updates might have caused a similar problem.

5. gh parker

gh parker Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Let's try this again. I would like to use WEBMAIL (Horde, RoundCube, or SquirrelMail) as a mechanism for my traveling salesforce.
    This would allow my salesforce to use any browser on any device to check emails as needed. It is important to be able to do this with
    an APPLE IPHONE 6 using Safari. (I do NOT want to get into a discussion on 'just use the email app on the smart phone).

In a previous installation of WEBMAIL, this concept worked fine. However, currently, when you attempt to load any webmail (Horde, Roundcube, Squirrel) on
    an IPHONE 6 using safari or firefox or chrome, you can only view the upper left portion of the screen (see attached pic). In previous versions, you
    could shrink the screen or scroll, but in this new release, you are not able to do so. It works on an IPAD only because there's more screen size, but even then, the screen still cannot be zoomed out or shrunk.

1. IS there a WEBMAIL setting that causes this or wasn't set in the new version?

Attached Files:

6. kdean

kdean Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    This is because cPanel places the webmail (Roundcube, Horde, etc.) in an iFrame and you can't pinch/zoom or scroll iframe contents in iOS Safari.

You can get around that by having them use a link that goes directly to the webmail when logging in, such as:
    Code:
    https://your.hostdomain.com:2096/3rdparty/roundcube/

For the other webmails, you'll need to look at the html to see what their iframe paths are. I only use roundcube.

7. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

This is a known issue that's handled with internal case CPANEL-4151. You can monitor our change log to see when this case has been released to cPanel version 54:

54 Change Log - Documentation - cPanel Documentation

Note: I've merged multiple posts into this thread.

Thank you.

8. kdean

kdean Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    CPANEL-4151 was released, but I wouldn't exactly call it fixed. iPhone held vertically does show everything and lets you scroll and zoom, but vertically doesn't really fit well and starts super small. Held horizontally, you can zoom in but you can't scroll down below the initial loading height. For me I have it set to show the message view pane and horizontally it's chopped off and I can't scroll to where it is.

So, still works much better when linked directly.

Code:
    https://your.hostdomain.com:2096/3rdparty/roundcube/

cPanel needs to integrate their top bar into a Roundcube header as an Interface skin and lose the iframe to fully solve this problem.

9. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    There's another case now open (CPANEL-5128) that aims to address the scrolling issues with Webmail on iOS devices. I'll update this thread with more information as it becomes available. Also, feel free to install cPanel version 56 on a non-production server to see if any of the changes in version 56 help this issue.

Thank you.