The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Secondary Mail Server

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by MarkDalton, Jun 17, 2015.

1. MarkDalton

MarkDalton Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi,

Sorry if this has been asked / answered before but all the threads I find seem to either go off on a tangent or simply don't provide enough information.

I have two cPanel servers, let's say Server1.domain.com and Server2.domain.com.

I want Server2.domain.com to be the backup mail server for Server1.domain.com. I just want it to queue mail until Server1.domain.com comes back online.

How do I set this up?

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

cPanel currently supports clustering for DNS purposes only. There is support to host your databases on a remote MySQL server, however beyond that, there are no native options that allow for email redundancy. You can setup a remote mail server, update the MX records for your domain names, and email is then handled on that remote mail server. However, note that customers will need to manage/create their email accounts on the remote mail server, and there's no integration with the existing cPanel server.

Thank you.