The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Secondary nameserver

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by madpato, Oct 12, 2011.

1. madpato

madpato Active Member

May 30, 2008

I have recently made a change in my dns configuration, turns out that i have now a cpanel server acting as a secondary nameserver, and my primary dns server its a debian with bind.
    Thing is i have a third server which is also a cpanel so this cpanel is sending its zones to the primary via a custom script thats ok. Now to send the zones to my secondary i believe i can use the dns cluster feature, its working so far but if i do a dns query of a zone located in the third cpanel, it returns that the secondary its not responding.

I went to /var/log/messages and i get the following line on each of the domains hosted in the third server:

Oct 12 13:18:03 gamma named[2129]: client view external2: received notify for zone '': not authoritative
    The not authoritative part is the one i dont understand. Can i have any guidance on this. Thanks.
  2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

Apr 11, 2011
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

The following documentation available so you can ensure the cluster is configured properly:

Guide to DNS Cluster Configuration

Do you have zones from server3 set to synchronize to server2? If so, you may want to ensure there are no firewall rules that are blocking connections between the two servers.

If the issue persists, I suggest opening a support ticket using the URL in my signature.

Thank you.