The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Secure Certificate

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RandyL712, Jul 28, 2003.

1. RandyL712

RandyL712 Well-Known Member

Last year, when we first setup WHM and CPanel, I had my hosting company install the secure certificate for me. It's about to expire in a few weeks (end of August)

I've found the Purchase & Install SSL Certificate option on WHM, and I'm wondering how simple this is, and is SecureSSL a good certificate? I like the price on the 3-year certificates (only $199). How hard are these to install? Do I need to uninstall the old certificate?

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

#1 RandyL712, Jul 28, 2003
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2003
  2. mickalo

mickalo Well-Known Member

If you already have the SSL cert installed, once you've renewed the SSL cert for the domain, just go into the WHM to install the cert as you would if a new cert, but check the box that indicates this is an update cert. COPY and PASTE your renewal .crt file in the appropriapate box, besure that you've called up the correct domain and that the IP address is correct. The click the Do It button. That's all there is to it.

We have about a dozen accounts with their own SSL certs and have never had any problems install new or renewed certs.

You may want to check out XRampSSL
    this is what we starting using after Thawte got way too expensive ;)

Hope this helps

3. RandyL712

RandyL712 Well-Known Member

Thanks!

any other opinions?