Secure Connection Failed

Ifeanyi

Registered
Jul 24, 2019
Dayton
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Hello
This is the error message I get when I want to open my website - Removed - at work
An error occurred during a connection to - Removed -. SSL received a record that exceeded the maximum permissible length. Error code: SSL_ERROR_RX_RECORD_TOO_LONG

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.

question #2: How do I get the access ID to be able to submit a ticket
Can someone please help.

Thanks
Ifeanyi

Last edited by a moderator:

cPanelLauren

Forums Analyst II
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Hello
This is the error message I get when I want to open my website - Removed - at work
An error occurred during a connection to - Removed -. SSL received a record that exceeded the maximum permissible length. Error code: SSL_ERROR_RX_RECORD_TOO_LONG

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.

question #2: How do I get the access ID to be able to submit a ticket
Can someone please help.

Thanks
Ifeanyi
I'd assume you're getting this error through the firefox browser. This sounds like an issue with the SSL protocols on the server. Since your profile states that you are a website owner I'd suggest contacting your provider as you would not have the access to the server to make the changes that are necessary.