The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Secure Logins with Reseller Club

Discussion in 'Security' started by kers7754, Jun 7, 2016.

1. kers7754

kers7754 Active Member

I used to run my Web Hosting business on dedicated servers and I always set the Tweak Setting to for https on cPanel and WHM logins using the hostname (which is the recommend setting for obvious reasons).

But now that I am on ResellerClub's Linux Shared Reseller Hosting, they don't for this. So when someone goes to domain.tld/cpanel, it forwards to port 2082 (insecure connection). If I put in domain.tld:2083, it correctly goes to the hostname with ssl enabled.

They don't want to change that setting as I will affect everyone on that shared server, so I am trying to find another way to get a secure login at the host name without forcing my customers to remember the 2083 port number.

Any suggestions?

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

It's not possible to configure that type of redirect on the server if you do not have root access to the system. However, you could setup a redirect from an existing URL associated with your domain name to the secure URL. This would involve providing your customers with an alternate URL for cPanel access.

Thank you.