The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

secure pop3 certificate

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JamieD, Jan 9, 2006.

1. JamieD

JamieD Well-Known Member

I'm trying to setup mail.mydomain.com as a secure email domain but I can't figure out how to get pop3 connections (and IMAP I assume) to use the correct certificate.

I dont want to use the server certificate as this is set to mydomain.com, which is where the problem lies I think.

Ive tried editing my stunnel.conf to point to a different certificate but I still get the warning popping up in my mail client. (I followed these instructions http://www.freessl.com/resources/install/rapidssl/stunnel.htm )

How I can get this working?

Another issue I have is that when I rebooted the server the stunnel config file had be reset to the original settings. not the new settings, is there a way to stop this?

Thanx

2. budway

budway Well-Known Member

Those path for the ssl cert arent right for cpanel...

path's are:
    /usr/share/ssl/certs/
    /usr/share/ssl/private/
    /home/username/ssl/

Good luck

3. JamieD

JamieD Well-Known Member

Thanx for the cert locations. I still can not get this to work. editing the stunnel.conf file doesnt seam to make any difference. The only thing that does work is changing the server certificate through WHM. But for me this is no good as I want to used the domain mail.mydomain.com for mail only and a different domain for secure cpanel.

4. budway

budway Well-Known Member

I checked this out yest. and had the same finding's my sugestion would be to advise your client to use ssl webmail, you cold also open a feature/bug request it cpanel but don't know how fast they will get this done ?!

5. JamieD

JamieD Well-Known Member

UPDATE:

After being told by several people what I wanted to do was impossible I decided to give up....

I noticed the other day that my cpanel cert. is set to mail.mydomain.com and my secure mail connections cert. is set to bingo.mydomain.com (bingo being the servers name). This is the opposite of what I want, but it shows that it is, somehow, possible to have different certs for cpanel and email.

How this happened I have no idea. I have a suspicion it was due to a cpanel update I did. When I get time I am going to look into this matter and see if I can find out how to swap them round to the way I want.