The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Security advises on WHM

Discussion in 'Security' started by budway, Aug 17, 2005.

1. budway

budway Well-Known Member

Hello,

I like to for cpanel personal to have a # of days to display the security informations on the WHM side because if the new's stay there for a lott of days and a new security info. get put in.

A person may not look at it.

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

You should then either contact cPanel directly or log an enhancement request in bugzilla outlining how you think it should work and how you determine what length of time it should remain there or not. A good example is the CentOS and the boxtrapper issue that is still ongoing ang so need to remain there.

3. budway

budway Well-Known Member

I'm not the one to define this, cpanel should cat. bug's and each cat. with it's display time and than cat. the bug depending on the it.

You can't leave a security adviser for 20 days, that will harm admin. that check stuff and make more lasy and care admins.

Either way that's my tought.

4. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

The point I'm making is that it's your idea, so if you'd like to see it implemented then the more you can put into your suggestion in your bugzilla enhancement request, the better. Posting here, though, is not the way to bring it to their attention.