Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

[Security] GET /default.ida?XXXXX....

Discussion in 'Security' started by Radio_Head, Jun 18, 2003.

1. Radio_Head

Radio_Head Well-Known Member

executing

# tail -15000 /usr/local/apache/logs/access_log | grep 'GET /default.ida?XXXXXXXX' | grep ' 200 ' | cat -n |less

I found these ....

1 171.75.67.25 - - [26/May/2003:13:08:53 -0400] "GET /default.ida?XXXXX.... H T T P /1.0" 200 -

So it seems that someone attempted to install red worm on my box (http://www.qcn.nl/Subpages/artikelen/redworm.htm) .
    Probably my box was not infected , since code red worm propagate with Microsoft IIS Web servers (my box is a red hat linux) , but how could be possible that the hacker received an H T T P /1.0" 200 (200 = OK Successful Client Requests) ?

Thank you

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Radio_Head

Radio_Head Well-Known Member

I have read on another post that these are NT attacks , however how could you explain the 200 OK ?

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...