The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Security Hole/Bug?

Discussion in 'Security' started by LH-Richard, Jun 24, 2006.

1. LH-Richard

LH-Richard Registered

Before I start, let me just tell you that I'm running:
    Ok. This morning, I logged into WHM (Root) and looked at bandwidth usage. I noticed that one of my accounts had unlimited bandwidth (which I do not condone nor offer or allow others to offer it.)

On further inspection of this account, it had shell access, and was created by our main domain's account. At first I thought it could have been iPanel that was messing up, but no, iPanel did not create an account with them details.

So I checked my Emails for the time the account was created. And guess what, there was no email there at all... Not at any point, was there an email saying that the account in question has been created. I checked both my email accounts that the reports get sent too, and non had the log of that account being created.

I get emails of ALL other accounts being made, but not that one...

Is this a security bug/hole?

Thanks.

#1 LH-Richard, Jun 24, 2006
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2006
  2. WEB-PROS

WEB-PROS Well-Known Member

Ive had this happen on one of my servers before, the even more amazing thing was that when i went to access the subdomain it had created i could not and none of the FTP or MYSQl worked. It just apeared to be a dead account, im not sure if this is the same for you.

3. LH-Richard

LH-Richard Registered

It created the domain: WOWHOPA.COM (Does not exist)

and everything works in the account.