The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Security Holes?

Discussion in 'Security' started by michlynn34, Sep 17, 2004.

1. michlynn34

michlynn34 Registered

Hi there, I am newbie here. I'd like to tell you before I'm asking you.. I am not sure that i am afraid if I m in the right place to post it here. I've been using this hosting since last month, but I have no problem with another of my hosting for almost 1 1/2 years. So, I just set up PHP-Nuke 6.8 in a while ago. So, I had been hacked by few of different people in other country from my forum site about 6 times besides my friend helped me to work on my forum site because I dont have a FTP that time. I dont know anything about FTP then I'll be trying to learn how to use this someday. Anyway, Everything I tried to find how to secure this cpanel to prevent the hacker getting into my forum site, but I dont know any much about cpanel. I am trying to read their guide of cpanel so I still don't understand how it works. Any way, I asked other of my friend about this but he asked me about security holes. I don't know what does the security holes mean? Can anyone explain this to me about? he did suggest me to talk with the techincal support besides I already sent it to them, but i never get their reply back since few days. I am being too frustrated with this so far. I wonder if someone can help me what to do? Is there anything I add something security or others? What's your suggestion?

Hope to hear from ya,
    Michelle

2. markhard

markhard Well-Known Member

for this problem you need to ask your hosting tech support not cpanel support

phpnuke have alot of security hole, update your phpnuke to the last version and do patching its security hole.

3. michlynn34

michlynn34 Registered

Oh, okay... Thanks, Michelle