The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Security Issues

Discussion in 'Security' started by Ferocious, Aug 2, 2005.

1. Ferocious

Ferocious Registered

A problem I have encountered is Security Issues. Today I have been threatened by an ex-worker on my site that he will somehow "take everything down". I am not a n00b at computers, just I am not that familliar with CPanel and all its features. He says he will get in out servers and delete everything. I have never given the CPanel password to him at all. Is there a way he can actually get in? If so can you please inform me if I must change something such as a setting, or add something to the database.

Thanks!

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

I presume that this is your own server, if not, then you should contact your web hosting provider about this.

If this is your server, then you should clearly change all passwords associated with the account including database and any passwords that you use in scripts or htpasswd files.

3. Ferocious

Ferocious Registered

Thanks, I will contact my web host and ask him about this as well. Is there anything specific that he can do but I cant (that can affect holes)

4. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

They are really in the best place to advise you on security for your account.