Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

SECURITY: List Of All Your Valid Email Addresses Given To Spamers!

Discussion in 'Security' started by LanceHaverkamp, Jan 26, 2005.

1. LanceHaverkamp

New Security Hole X-PopBeforeSMTPSenders:

The outgoing mail server is adding the following header:

X-PopBeforeSMTPSenders: [followed by a list of EVERY SINGLE valid email address on your ENTIRE domain]

to each & every outgoing email--including autoresponders & boxtrapper challenges! Every spammer is being delivered a list of your entire domain's valid email addresses in the header of every reply!

This must be removed.

Lance
    :mad:

2. weaver

weaver Active Member

Hi -

This isn't a security hole and it certainly isn't new but if you search the web you will find many heated discussions regarding it's use, see: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?threadid=333272

Personally, I don't see the point if smtp-auth is in use though the war against spam is probably far more important than my humble opinion I suppose :eek: If you don't like it you can easily remove it from exim ;)

#2 weaver, Jan 26, 2005
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2005
  3. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Well, you could simply disable the feature in Tweak Settings if you don't want it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...