The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Security Scan

Discussion in 'Security' started by weestv, Feb 17, 2014.

1. weestv

weestv Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hello all,

Relatively new to the world of VPS management so hope someone can help.

Im running the security scan in WHM and ive came up against three issues I just cant seem to resolve.

Firstly is JailApache, whenever I go into the tweak setting to enable it the on off options are greyed out.

Second is updating system software, the scan tells me there are updates available but when I go through the motions it tells me no packages have been marked for update.

Lastly is PermitRootLogin, its telling me to change to NO and testart ssh service, even after doing this it still flags up on the security scan.

If someone is able to help with any of these issue I would be very grateful. Ive done plenty of google searching and have came up blank.

Thanks in advance.
    Steve

2. dalem

dalem Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    you need to have mod_ruid2 enabled in Apache (not this is a experimental feature)
    perhaps you have a unfinished update your stem via yum and the command-line
    have you verified that root login is disable by trying to log into ssh via root

3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

In addition to the responses made in the previous post, have you checked to see if any updates are available when running "yum update" via the command line?

Thank you.

4. weestv

weestv Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hi guys,

Apologies for the late response. Thank you very much for your replies, im working my way through your suggestions as we speak, hopefully I can get them sorted with your suggestions. I will post updates.

Thanks again
    Steve