The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Security Tokens

Discussion in 'Security' started by GaryT, Sep 12, 2010.

1. GaryT

GaryT Well-Known Member

I'm having a issue what myself, My server management cannot figure out,

We run CASTcontrol on our server providing radio streams, Now in the CASTconrol, On a selected package they have an option called "Auto DJ" now, When the package is created it supposed to make an FTP account for that user,

The problem is everything is being made except the FTP account, Withing CASTcontrol's client are it does show thw FTP details what it tried to make yet they do not work, I did contact CASTcontrol support and they have been looking but they constantly keep saying the issue is with SECURITY TOKENS and I must disable this, Yet is it disabled !!

whm > tweak > require security tokens > "OFF" but they say its enabled somewhere ! Where else can this be.. Its very frustrating as I have to manually make these accounts, But I would rather have it automatic as if a client terminates his package for the SHOUTcast the FTP remains untill I manually remove it.

Any suggestions.

2. rackaid

rackaid Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    How does your CAST control system create the FTP account? What I think may be happening is the the action to create the FTP account on WHM is not being done but the system powering CAST control does not properly check if it is created. So you have the account in CAST but not on the server.

3. GaryT

GaryT Well-Known Member

It's hard to explain, In the CASTcontrol software there is a tab called cPanel intergration, Basicly you input the cPanel account the CASTcontrol is running under,

Domain: My_Domain.com
    cPanel Username: ME
    cPanel Password: PASSWORD

When the CASTcontrol server gets ordered and made through WHMCS, It makes that package - If this package has the auto dj option ticked, Then it uses the cPanel login to make the FTP details with a password.. This is also shown in the clients SHOUTcast login panel, Yet details look fine under [FTP MANAGEMENT] yet It does not get made within my cPanel account.

CASTcontrol comes under third party, So yes I know it will be only server, security tokens what are blocking this but its disabled, Yet.. It still does not work so there must be something else in the security token range.. Anything script what is killing it, Logs show nothing though.

4. GaryT

GaryT Well-Known Member

Issue resolved - They found out it was that it was not SSL compatable../ It is now and it came on fine :)