SecurityAdvisor and EasyApache 4 suexec link

Karl

PartnerNOC
Aug 10, 2001
Jacob - The cPanel Security Advisor in WHM links you through to the suEXEC page, even when running EA4 if it thinks you're not using suEXEC. We're running mod_lsapi and see this.

Takumi80

Nov 7, 2015
Milan
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello,

after upgrade of EasyApache 4 i have provisions this template "CloudLinux + All PHP Options + OpCache + mod_lsapi" but in the security advisor there is an error:

suEXEC is disabled.Enable suEXEC on the “Configure PHP and suEXEC” page.

but in multi php management there is only suphp/none/cgi
there isn't suExec

where i wrong?
thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello @Karl,

I've opened internal case CPANEL-8844 to address this issue, and I'll update this thread with more information about this case as it becomes available.

Thank you.

Bazinga

Verifed Vendor
Aug 23, 2016
Ukraine
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Hello,

after upgrade of EasyApache 4 i have provisions this template "CloudLinux + All PHP Options + OpCache + mod_lsapi" but in the security advisor there is an error:

suEXEC is disabled.Enable suEXEC on the “Configure PHP and suEXEC” page.

but in multi php management there is only suphp/none/cgi
there isn't suExec

where i wrong?
thanks
I believe that is a bug in cPanel's security advisor, someone from cpanel should reply. No actions needed by CL.

Bansiji

Registered
Sep 27, 2016
Bholam
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello,

I have a dedicated server with
CLOUDLINUX 6.8 x86_64 standard WHM 58.0 (build 30)

cPanel Security Advisor gives an error
suEXEC is disabled.
Enable suEXEC on the “Configure PHP and suEXEC” page

When I go to “Configure PHP and suEXEC” page it shows
The EasyApache4 Technology Preview needs to be configured via command-line tools. The WHM user interface does not currently support this Technology Preview

How to enable "suEXEC" ?

Please help

Thanks

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello @Bansiji,

I've moved your post into this thread. Note that in addition to the earlier response, CPANEL-7731 addresses an additional issue with CloudLinux and Security Advisor:

Case CPANEL-7731: The cPanel EA 4 suexec binary uses capabilities, but CloudLinux's uses the setuid bit. Detect both cases properly.

The resolution is included with cPanel version 60, which is not yet released. Information on the build/release process at:

Product Versions and the Release Process - cPanel Knowledge Base - cPanel Documentation

Thank you.