Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Select a PHP version without CageFS?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by pklaff, Jul 8, 2018.

1. pklaff

pklaff Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi all,

for a thesis I try to run an audio web test which was coded in php. It surely works with Php 5.1 and lower versions.
    But the interface doesn't appear properly. So I think the problem si coming from the php version used or the fact that is "inherit" version, but I don't understand clearly all of this (novice).
    When I go into the php selector menu I got "cageFS is not installed", and I can't choose the php version I want. But ssh is not available so I can't install it, but I don't need the cage fs function, I just want to make the audio test working.

Can someone help me on this?

Thanks a lot.

Paul

2. vacancy

vacancy Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    You need to use CloudLinux to use versions under php 5.4.

Without cloudlinux php selector you can install the lowest php 5.2 version via EasyApache 4.

For php versions under 5.2 you have to use php selector and cagefs. If you do not have ssh access, you can install cagefs and php selector via "Terminal" on whm. (Need cpanel version v72)

3. pklaff

pklaff Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    How do you use CloudLinux? Do I have to use it instead of cPanel?

TY

4. vacancy

vacancy Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
  5. cPanelLauren

cPanelLauren Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    HI @pklaff

It actually does sound like you have CloudLinux installed but you don't have the CageFS plugin installed, without CageFS the php selector for CloudLinux will not work.

Their documentation on installing CageFS can be found here: CloudLinux Documentation

If you're actually a root administrator but you can't access the server via SSH you may need to request that your provider do this for you, otherwise you will not be able to use PHP 5.1 which is a PHP version that's been End of Life for some time now.

Thanks!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...