The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Selectable WebMail Interface (BUG 6478)

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by User101, Apr 22, 2008.

1. User101

User101 Registered

I want my users to have a direct login to their webmail interface (WITHOUT getting the CPanel options). Other messages on the forum indicate that other users would be interested in doing this as well.

I've posted a Bug 6478 that is a feature request for a radio button when you first create a new email account. The radio button would allow you to select what webmail interface this particular email user will get....
    http://bugzilla.cpanel.net/show_bug.cgi?id=6478

The point of including the solution at email account creation is that it allows you to resolve the issue without the user going to any special webpage location or even if you don't have a website up and running.... You only need to have your user enter mysite.com/webmail into their browser and the settings you made at the time of account creation will control what interface they actually see....

Please review this Bug 6478 with the link above... post here your thoughts and vote on the bug page.......

Ken
    (Originally posted in a thread in the General Topic, but more appropriate here)

2. Silent Ninja

Silent Ninja Well-Known Member

I've seen also that if you check the link on /webmail to auto-load roundcube or horde, it only reloads the webmail interface and nothing else changes. I'm using Mozilla Firefox. I've not tried to upcp, but it happens on all our servers, so I don't think that is something like that

3. cPanelKenneth

cPanelKenneth cPanel Development
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    When you re-login to /webmail, it doesn't load Horde/Roundcube after X seconds elapse?

4. Silent Ninja

Silent Ninja Well-Known Member

It didn't before, but after an upcp, it worked.
    Let's keep up with the spam issues.

Do you recommend any alternative?
    Or we'll have to hold up to the RBL blocks and whiltelists?

BTW, I cannot setup a whitelist properly, I've added a new post for that:
    http://forums.cpanel.net/showthread.php?t=78164

5. cPanelKenneth

cPanelKenneth cPanel Development
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Please don't attempt to hijack the thread. This thread is about the feature request User101 filed. Discussions about other topics should be taken to other threads.