Selection not saving in Contact Manager > Notifications

mdsdigital

Jan 31, 2013
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
For some reason, the selections made under Notifications in Contact Manager are not being saved. After we click save, we go back and they're all unselected.

We need to enable these in order to receive backup notifications from the system. Any ideas? Thanks!

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello,

Could you let us know of any output to /usr/local/cpanel/logs/error_log when this happens? Also, which version of cPanel is installed on the system?

Thank you.

mdsdigital

Jan 31, 2013
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello,

Could you let us know of any output to /usr/local/cpanel/logs/error_log when this happens? Also, which version of cPanel is installed on the system?

Thank you.
Thanks for your prompt response on this. I checked the error log but I didn't find anything out of the ordinary related to that section.

mdsdigital

Jan 31, 2013
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
These save to /var/cpanel/icontact_event_importance.json - perhaps check that this file is present and not set to immutable or something.
Thanks, Vanessa.

The file is in fact there:

-rw------- 1 root root 2122 May 6 11:32 icontact_event_importance.json

I'm not sure if the permissions are correct? I would assume if they weren't, it would turn something up in the error log.

Thanks for your assistance.

Lucas C.

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Thanks for your prompt response on this. I checked the error log but I didn't find anything out of the ordinary related to that section.
Please post the output from the following command:

Code:
cat /usr/local/cpanel/version
I was unable to reproduce the issue on cPanel version 56.0.14.

Thank you.

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Could you open a support ticket using the link in my signature so we can take a closer look? You can post the ticket number here so we can update this thread with the outcome.

Thank you.

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
To update, per the support ticket, the user was advised to click "Save" under each tab in "WHM >> Contact Manager" rather than making changes across multiple tabs in this interface.

Thank you.