The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

self-signed TLS/SSL certificates (ssl-self-signed-certificate)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by zann, Aug 20, 2012.

1. zann

zann Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    I am root administrators.I have few account cannot failed in audit scanning.
    These accounts having same two affected nodes.

Vulnerability solution:
    Obtain a new TLS/SSL server certificate that is NOT self-signed and install it on the server. The exact instructions for obtaining a new certificate depend on your organization's requirements. Generally, you will need to generate a certificate request and save the request as a file. This file is then sent to a Certificate Authority (CA) for processing. Your organization may have its own internal Certificate Authority. If not, you may have to pay for a certificate from a trusted external Certificate Authority, such as Thawte or Verisign.

I need generate certificate request for each acount ?
    or can i generate one Generate a SSL Certificate & Signing Request by using cpanel root adminitrator for these account ?

thanks

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

You will need to generate a CSR (Certificate Signing Request) for each domain name that you want to purchase a SSL certificate for. You can generate the CSR for each domain name via cPanel (the individual account) or Web Host Manager.

SSL/TLS Manager
    Generate a SSL Certificate and Signing Request

Thank you.