The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

send a mail via php to an yahoo recipient

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by vipulpambhar, Mar 5, 2015.

1. vipulpambhar

vipulpambhar Registered

Mar 5, 2015
    cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    I try to send a mail via php to an yahoo recipient. Every time I connect to yahoo I get a 250 status code for the recipient address, even if it doesn't exist. I found a script which get the correct status code from yahoo, but I cannot find the differences or mistakes I did in my script. I tried to send different commands and run the script on several servers, but I always get a 250 response for the RCPT-TO-command. Why do I don't get the correct response? I want to stop my script when a recipient doesn't exist!

NOTE : --> email address not exist with yahoo

Log of my script which gets the wrong response:
    Connect to
    220 ESMTP YSmtp service ready
    250 (152.70 ms)
    MAIL FROM: <>
    250 sender <> ok (723.29 ms)
    RCPT TO: <>
    250 recipient <> ok (152.67 ms)
    Close socket connection
    Connection closed gracefully
    Why got same 250 response for valid or invalid or not exist yahoo email address from yahoo SMTP server and how to prevent this issue anyone have a soluiton of it?
  2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

Apr 11, 2011
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

This is simply how Yahoo's mail servers work. They issue that return code and accept the message even if the email address does not exist. The message is then handled by their mail servers. There's nothing you can change on your server to alter Yahoo's email policies.

Thank you.