Send Backups to Another cPanel Server?

Azim

Oct 16, 2015
India
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Dear Support,

I hope you are doing good.

I have 3 servers and all have different hostings and configurations and all have WHM.

One of my server is having some hardware issues and I may be in trouble in sometime. Can I use my other Server as backup because both have Cpanel/WHM.

I have heard about Cpanel cluster but dont know about it.

GOT

Get Proactive!
PartnerNOC
Apr 8, 2003
Chesapeake, VA
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
You could use the transfer tool to move sites from teh server with issues to your other servers. Or you could keep a copy of cpanel backups on your other server 'just in case'

But the clustering is for dns and configurations, not for sites like as in load balancing.

Reactions: cPanelLauren

Azim

Oct 16, 2015
India
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Ok, I have created couple of cpanel accounts and have created lot of email accounts and forwarders.
Also, I have lot of configuration in eximin routerstart and transportstart box.

Please how would I take backup of entire things and restore to other server.

Thanks a lot for your reply.

GOT

Get Proactive!
PartnerNOC
Apr 8, 2003
Chesapeake, VA
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
This can all be done using the Transfer tool in WHM. You can copy configurations and accounts. Run it on the destiantion server and put the connection info in for the source server and it will give you all your items you can trasnfer which you can pick.

Once done, update the dns for the domains to point to the new server.

Azim

Oct 16, 2015
India
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Hi,
My server is around 5 TB and If i create Cpanel backup then will it require 5 TB of storage for backups ?

Can I skip FTP data and just take configurations only. Please suggest.

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
It will only require that much if you are consuming 5TB of data. If you are then yes, more or less you would need a considerable amount of space to store those. Ultimately though the transfer tool would be the best way to do this short of manually creating cpmove files and copying to the other server.

Thanks!