The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Send email using a random IP?

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by meanvale, Nov 27, 2012.

1. meanvale

meanvale Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hi,

My server has over 50 IP's and rather than creating 50 accounts and dedicating a IP to each one does anyone know how to use a random IP?

I used this guide once before /http://reqad.com/how-to-send-mail-from-multiple-ips-in-exim.html How to Send Mail from Multiple IPs in Exim | reQad but it appears it no longer works probably due to a cPanel update?

Guide was :

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

2. meanvale

meanvale Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Anyone? ????

3. henriquech

henriquech Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I tested now on WHM 11.40.1 (build 9). Works fine!

Thank You

4. cPanelJared

cPanelJared Technical Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    This is really a bad idea. If your server is sending spam, all this is going to do is get several, or most, of your IP addresses, blocked or listed in blacklists.

Rotating IP addresses or sending mail from random IP addresses is not an effective way to keep your IP address from being added to a spam blacklist. The way to keep your IP address from being added to a spam blacklist is to monitor mail that is coming from your server and discipline accounts that are sending spam. That is how you fix the root of the problem, instead of only masking a symptom. Masking the symptom will only cause you more and more problems in the future as spam continues to come out of your server and more and more "random" IP addresses are blacklisted.

A server that is sending legitimate mail should have no need to use a random IP address each time.

5. asmithjr

asmithjr Well-Known Member

I know this is an older post. My situation is similar and the issue is with legit opt-in emails the local schools are sending. I see in my logs all the time this error
    450 too frequent connects from [IP] which is my servers main IP.
    I've spent a lot of time and have written to postmaster@ISP with no response.
    the ISP is bellsouth.net if it matters. Anyway again last light emails were sent to parents that have subscribed to the elist and were not delivered. The emails were to inform of school closings due to the weather. Too bad they cannot be delivered.

I cannot find a solution. I do know that last year this was not an issue so something changed on the ISP end.

I would like to use multiple interfaces and have 5 IPs that are already setup RDNS with softlayer.

I tried these instructions, i understand that exim will be overwritten since I edited the files locally to try it.
    Soon after I kicked off the sending I started getting the 450 too frequent connects from the mail IP it seems it did not use Random IPs and I see no evidence in exim_mainlog.

Any suggestions or help?