The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Send Specific Number of Emails from one ip

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by mirfan, Feb 18, 2009.

1. mirfan

mirfan Active Member

Hi,

I want to know is their any configuration that i can make from exim that i can send 200 mails from one ip. I have 3 ip addresses on my server. i want to restrict as when 200 mails are sent from 1 interface. Than next 200 mails should be send through second ip when it completes next 200 mails should go from third ip address. might be it can done by assigning multiple ip's from interface (not sure) or if it's not possible than please let me know the shell command that how can i find that how much emails sent from specific ip address so i can try to accomplish this through bash script.

remote_smtp:
    interface = ip address

Regards,
    Muhammad Irfan

2. JPC-Martin

JPC-Martin Active Member
    PartnerNOC

Yes this job can be done but you may need to change MTA IP each time after sending email to each batch as per your requirement.

3. mirfan

mirfan Active Member

How to change the MTA IP after reaching to the defined limit ? and send next 200 emails from second ip and so on?

Actually i need to send thousands of emails per day from the server. And i want to utilize two dedicated server which will send emails in round robin way. How to achieve it. Please help