The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sender Filters

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by woodyonthebeach, Jul 20, 2010.

1. woodyonthebeach

woodyonthebeach Registered

So I have set up a mail group to send an email out to the 3 of us who work in a small creative/digital design company.

The problem we are seeing is that emails are bouncing with the reason being displayed as "to many recipients" or something similar to that.

I say it is bouncing but it is being held until I login and accept the email.

I have tried adding all the users of that email to the group (trusted senders) to see if that helps and nothing has changed.

any ideas of what area I need to look at.

Cheers

2. Lyttek

Lyttek Well-Known Member

For that small of a list, I'd probably used forwarders instead of an actual list... since you can set the same alias to forward to multiple recipients.

In mailman, is the list set for moderation?

3. woodyonthebeach

woodyonthebeach Registered

They have been setup so they are not moderated and should sent through to the 3 of us.

The company is that is using this particular mail group also sends this email to a number of other people. This is causing the email to be flagged as spam.....

This means I now have to login everyday and approve emails which is now taking a fair amount time as the there are more people becoming involved in the projects that we are working on

4. Lyttek

Lyttek Well-Known Member

have you checked the digest / non-digest settings?

have you verified that the actual member setting is set to non-moderated as well as the list settings? Even if the list itself is non-moderated, if the member setting is moderated, I believe it will still hold the message.

Also, if you've not added senders to the non-members list (for instance, if I sent a message to your list) it would be held simply because I'm not a member. Or, setting the default to where anything that comes into the list is automatically accepted should let it go through. If you have contradictory settings, it can cause problems.

IMHO, setting up the forwards would still be much simpler... If you'd like me to take a look at the setup on your list, send me a PM.

#4 Lyttek, Jul 28, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2010