The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sender receive bouce back email from server

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by ipaq_2210, Mar 3, 2008.

1. ipaq_2210

ipaq_2210 Member

Hi,

My customer facing a very strange situation. Hope to have support from you guys.

The domain for example is: domain-test.com

The server is: ns1.companytest.com with the account is under folder name domain.

They have more than 20 email account but only one - for example linda@domain-test.com has the problem.

When somebody sent an email to Linda, she will receive it. But the sender immediately also receive a blank email from domain@ns1.companytest.com send back to them.

Linda using Outlook to send and receive mail. As we suspected it might caused by an auto responder from Outlook but non was set, even the client computer off it still happen. Auto responder in cPanel is disabled as well.

Really appreciate any help.

#1 ipaq_2210, Mar 3, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2008
  2. ejs

ejs Member

Is the person that is receiving the blank email on the same server?

3. ipaq_2210

ipaq_2210 Member

Hi,

From the information we got, it seems like anybody who send email to them has the same problem. Not only on the same server. You suspect anything?

Thanks for asking.

4. ejs

ejs Member

In a test i would disable the email account that is sending out the blank emails. (just pull the nic cable)

Then i would reset this account up on a different computer and send a email to see if you get the same response.

If you do not get the same response then it is not the server. There is most likly a 3rd party software(spy-ware) running on the computer that originally had the email account set up on it. If this happens then just clean the system.

Let me know how your test turn out.

5. ipaq_2210

ipaq_2210 Member

Thank you for following up. Unfortunately, it does not seem to be the cause. They did try to shut down the pc and test, and still received it. We test it from hotmail and yahoo etc.. and still received the same problem.

Any other ideas? All other accounts under the same domain are still well functioning.

Thanks!