The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sending email issue SSL verify error

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by PDW, Jan 28, 2016.

1. PDW

PDW Well-Known Member

I am having an issue with sending some emails to cell phone providers. I am not sure if this is the problem or not, but in exim_mainlog at time of sending the email I get this error

Code:
    2016-01-27 19:31:40 1aOdJ6-0001C9-12 [69.78.67.53] SSL verify error: depth=0 error=unable to get local issuer certificate cert=/C=US/ST=California/L=SanBruno/O=IronPort Systems, Inc./CN=IronPort Appliance Demo Certificate
    A second error message came in as well
    Code:
    2016-01-27 20:06:57 1aOdrC-0003L9-QN [75.98.40.121] SSL verify error: certificate name mismatch: "/C=US/O=Sample, Inc./OU=IT Team/CN=Server"
    The IP address comes back to Vtext (verizon)
    Is this SSl verify error on my end, or am I not being verified on their end. I am confused.

The problem I had last night, we sent a message to 10 users (3 seperate messages never went through, but a 4th one did) So not sure if this is related, and or needs to be fixed.

Anyone have any suugestions.
    thanks

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

Those messages should not have restricted the outgoing email. Could you search for one of the undelivered messages in /var/log/exim_mainlog to see what the output is? EX:

Code:
    exigrep user@external /var/log/exim_mainlog
    Thank you.

3. dlsweb

dlsweb Member

I fixed my verizon issue by making sure my server name was correct and installing a $9 secure cert for the specific domain that was having the problem.

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator