The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sending mail from mail.mydomain.com and SSL

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by alanpollenz, Dec 31, 2009.

1. alanpollenz

alanpollenz Active Member

I am sending mail from one of my accounts using mail.mydomain.com. Every time I send mail I get a message to the effect:

You have attempted to establish a connection with mail.mydomain.com. However, the security certificate presented belongs to servername.mydomain.com....

I can click the "OK" button and send the mail, but want to secure the mail.mydomain.com process and avoid the button click each time I send mail.

I already have an SSL Certificate for mail.mydomain.com, set up the subdomain mail.mydomain.net, and installed the SSL certificate, but I still get the same message.

What do I need to do to be able to send mail through mail.mydomain.com without having to confirm the security exception each time?

Thanks.

Alan Pollenz

#1 alanpollenz, Dec 31, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2009
  2. sirdopes

sirdopes Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

It sounds like the ssl was not installed for the exim service. You can do this by going into whm, clicking on service configuration, then manage ssl certificates. You can only have one ssl installed for exim though. This isn't going to work for all of the domains on your server.

3. alanpollenz

The ssl is installed for exim was installed and is valid until Dec 17 07:32:15 2010 GMT.

The issue is that I want to install a certificate for mail.mydomain.com and use that as my SMTP server.

4. alanpollenz

Had to set up mail.mydomain.com as a separate user account, put it on its own IP, and the install the SSL cert.